Resources from our Network Meeting Speaker, Sarah Harvey
In May 2017, Sarah Harvey from Savvy People Management will join us as a speaker for our HR Leader Peer Network Meeting on the topic of The Science of Having Difficult Conversations. To provide you with a little advance reading we're sharing a selection of the resources she recommends for you.
- The Savvy People Management You Tube Channel where amongst other things you'll find a series of short videos based on Sarah's e-book Savvy Performance Management: Turn painful performance management into Savvy Conversations®.
- A brand new short animation called Fighting Talk - The importance of SAFETY which gives you some pointers on how to handle difficult conversations when someone feels threatened (or unsafe).
- And finally, this article for the Journal of the Association for Management Education and Development (AMED) entitled Placing Your Trust in Difficult Conversations, which Sarah contributed to. You can download it for free from a link on the Savvy People Management website
- Employers focus on measuring worker productivity
- Rethinking mindsets about female leaders and for female leaders - a roundtable discussion
- Business Partnering skills
- Future HR Leaders 2019
- Opinion on PeopleWise paper: ‘Coaching – the STAR for strategic talent development’
- HR business partner models fail to add strategic value
- Open-plan is the death of face-to-face
- US eateries join the co-working space race
- HR must do more to adopt people analytics
- A view from down under - Gender Pay Gap