A refreshing look at stress
We recently enjoyed a virtual conversation with our old friend Nick Petrie from the Centre for Creative Leadership in Austin Texas, with some HR leaders.
Nick has a very personal and yet refreshing take on handling stress. He talks about RUMINATION and how it’s that which causes stress rather than the affects of daily life at home and work. RUMINATION being the propensity to ruminate or constantly think over things that you are anxious or worried about – thereby creating ‘stress’.
We think he has a point and one or two of us in Oxen Park can vouch for it personally too.
Nick’s White Paper on the topic is available here.
- Employers focus on measuring worker productivity
- Rethinking mindsets about female leaders and for female leaders - a roundtable discussion
- Business Partnering skills
- Future HR Leaders 2019
- Opinion on PeopleWise paper: ‘Coaching – the STAR for strategic talent development’
- HR business partner models fail to add strategic value
- Open-plan is the death of face-to-face
- US eateries join the co-working space race
- HR must do more to adopt people analytics
- A view from down under - Gender Pay Gap