HR business partner models fail to add strategic value
Many years ago, probably 7 or 8 my fellow co-founder of Oxen Park, Ivan Hickmott and I wrote a White Paper expressing our disappointment at the type of education and learning available to those who are trying to fulfil the role of HR Business Partner.
We considered there was plenty of advice, education and courses about what an HR BP is or should be but very little on how to learn the skills and behaviours and make the transition to that challenging role.
We created our own programme which we hope has made the transition better for those who have attended over the years. It was therefore “bitter sweet” to read the following article in the HR Magazine where Andrew Mayo was suggesting that not enough has changed.
Please read the article to form your own view and I would love to hear you opinion too.
- Becoming Data Savvy in HR
- Future HR Leaders 2019
- Opinion on PeopleWise paper: ‘Coaching – the STAR for strategic talent development’
- Team Coaching
- HR business partner models fail to add strategic value
- Open-plan is the death of face-to-face
- US eateries join the co-working space race
- HR must do more to adopt people analytics
- A view from down under - Gender Pay Gap
- Top-paid men exceed women by four to one - Opinion