Is enforcing employee holidays becoming a business necessity?
Research from advocacy group Project: Time Off shows that 37% of U.S. workers say they don't take their allotted vacations due to concerns over the backlog that will amass in their absence. The study also found that even when holiday is taken, four out of five employees remain connected to work, checking in on smartphones and mobile devices. Fortunehighlights that LinkedIn shuts completely for two full weeks every year in an effort to prevent this, with the business network’s vice president Nina McQueen saying skipped or half-hearted breaks could eventually result in burn out.
- Leadership challenges – looking at and beyond the male/female binary
- Business Partnering skills
- Future HR Leaders 2019
- Opinion on PeopleWise paper: ‘Coaching – the STAR for strategic talent development’
- HR business partner models fail to add strategic value
- Open-plan is the death of face-to-face
- US eateries join the co-working space race
- HR must do more to adopt people analytics
- A view from down under - Gender Pay Gap
- Top-paid men exceed women by four to one - Opinion