Do top bosses need to treat HR with respect?
The Evening Standard's Anthony Hilton writes that "while senior executives will happily acknowledge that humans are important, they too often think HR departments are a pain, staffed by specialists who pursue esoteric agendas that bear little relation to the day-to-day needs of the business."
But the author says skilled HR practitioners can play a key role amid a growing awareness that organisations will have to change fundamentally to survive in the emerging world.
Oxen Park's Geoff Booth disagrees, his opinion is that HR leaders must earn respect for themselves and their teams.
Originally reported in the Evening Standard
- Leadership challenges – looking at and beyond the male/female binary
- Business Partnering skills
- Future HR Leaders 2019
- Opinion on PeopleWise paper: ‘Coaching – the STAR for strategic talent development’
- HR business partner models fail to add strategic value
- Open-plan is the death of face-to-face
- US eateries join the co-working space race
- HR must do more to adopt people analytics
- A view from down under - Gender Pay Gap
- Top-paid men exceed women by four to one - Opinion