Artificial intelligence – the next workplace revolution?
As we in HR have seen headcounts in transactional roles reduce, our organisations have and will continue to see the growth of robotic and intelligence solutions to tasks currently assigned to our human workforce. According to Jerry Kaplan, a Silicon Valley entrepreneur speaking to the Guardian, this trend is set to become the next industrial revolution.
So how will your organisation be affected? Will you see a reduction in your human workforce as manual labour, transactional administration and analytical tasks amongst others are taken on by robotic or AI counterparts? When considering national (and international) workforce planning, how do we utilise those individuals whose existing skills and capabilities are made redundant through advances in technology?
Take a look at our upcoming events where you can talk to us about this and other pertinent HR topics.
Read the full article here on the Guardian website.
- Becoming Data Savvy in HR
- Future HR Leaders 2019
- Opinion on PeopleWise paper: ‘Coaching – the STAR for strategic talent development’
- Team Coaching
- HR business partner models fail to add strategic value
- Open-plan is the death of face-to-face
- US eateries join the co-working space race
- HR must do more to adopt people analytics
- A view from down under - Gender Pay Gap
- Top-paid men exceed women by four to one - Opinion